Shoot 1 - SARAH


This shoot went well, with the movements. However I feel the black backdrop is very bright, this can be fixed in photoshop, and also as I am changing the photos to black and white so the background will get darker with that. I decided to photograph in landscape to get more of the background around the model to give me more to work with. I enjoyed shooting this person, as they were willing to more as much as needed, creating photographs with alot of movement.





I used three lights which I now have decided that is too many lights, with the background being the washed out. The light was on F5.0, the middle on F5.1, and right on F6.7.






























Difference between colour and black and white photos:




























I have decided to start looking at whether or not my photos should be in colour, as I they do not have the same effect as the edited black and white versions. It gets rid of the detail and focuses more on the movements.

Edited photos:

This photo went well with the dark background and the abnormal movement, I like that I got the face in within the movements to give the photo a center.


This photo is interesting to me with it being cropped close into the models face, but I am not sure if this would look better in landscape with more background around the model. I also would try it without glasses as the light reflects in the models glasses.

Proposal

Title – narrative (hows life?) Area of investigation – peoples responses to a simple, non-descriptive question. Using a long shutter ...