Duane Michals

Duane Michals is an American photographer. He creates narratives within his series'. He also uses text around the borders of his photos, creating stories. I like his work "things are queer". Where he used 9 photos to create a narrative.
Image result for duane michals things are queer
You can see the story clearly in his work, with his narrative being user defined. Meaning it has been split into two sides. I really like the layout of his work, being very uniform, and I would say is like a storyboard. I like that the photos are a story but also can be seen seperatley and would not make sense, and would almost create their own narrative.
Image result for duane michals

In some of his work he has written around the borders, telling you a bit about the photograph. This is what inspired me with my work to get the answer to hows life? and would like the people in the photographs to write around the borders of their photos, to give more of a personal feeling to the photo. I thought about writing all the answers myself so they would be more uniform, but I feel getting the person photographed the rewrite their response on their photograph, will be more effective, or even another person, I just feel all the same hand writing would not have the same effect.

Proposal

Title – narrative (hows life?) Area of investigation – peoples responses to a simple, non-descriptive question. Using a long shutter ...