Yousuf Karsh

Yousuf Karsh was an American Canadian photographer and was known for his portraits of very well known people. He has been described as on of the greatest portrait photographers of the 20th century. These photos don't necessarily go with the idea I am trying to create, because there is no movement within them, they are still portraits. I like the non expressive faces that his subjects have, giving you no idea of how they feel. This made me think about how I can create a lot of motion in the photo getting stills of different emotions. His Black and white backgrounds and tonal ranges are what I would like to achieve in my work. I also like the amount of body you can see in the photograph, being closer in and the sheer focus is on the subject, bringing closer into the face. 


Image result for yousuf karsh
Image result for yousuf karsh

Proposal

Title – narrative (hows life?) Area of investigation – peoples responses to a simple, non-descriptive question. Using a long shutter ...