Vivian Maier

Vivian Maier, was born on the 1st February 1926, in New York, and died the 20th April 2001. She was an amature street photographer whose full time job was a nanny and photography was just a hobby, with her creating a large body of work, that became a sensation nearly 2 years after she died, where her negatives and undeveloped rolls of films were found and she became famous.

I have always been an admirer of Maiers work, especially her self portraits. But with this project I like her street portraits. I feel like her compostition of her street work inspired my work most, with the out of focus background, and natural expressions on the subjects face.









The compostion of this photo, with the body being cut off and not being able to see the subjects hands, is the compostion I am considering for my work. I also like how the subject is looking down the lens making direct contact with the viewer, I want to bring this into my work, to make a connection with the audience.













Image result for vivian maier portraits





Once again the composition of the photograph is what I would like to achieve. With the lower body being out of frame. Even though my background will not be as detailed as this one, I like the amount in this photograph with the arms being at the edge of the frame.

Proposal

Title – narrative (hows life?) Area of investigation – peoples responses to a simple, non-descriptive question. Using a long shutter ...